All Beautiful The March Of Days ~ Lyrics
1. All beautiful the march of days,
As seasons come and go.
The hand that shaped the rose has wrought
The crystal of the snow,
Has sent the hoary frost of heav’n,
The flowing waters sealed,
And laid a silent loveliness
On hill and wood and field.
2. O’er white expanses, sparkling pure,
The radiant morns unfold;
The solemn splendours of the night
Burn brighter through the cold.
Life mounts in ev’ry throbbing vein,
Love deepens round the hearth,
And clearer sounds the angel hymn,
“Good will to all on earth.”
3. O God, from whose unfathomed Law
The year in beauty flows,
Yourself the vision passing by
In crystal and in rose,
Day unto day shall utter speech,
And night to night proclaim,
In ever changing words of light,
The wonder of your name.
Forest Green ~ Recordings
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 3
- Tune: Forest Green with Descant. Original composer is unknown, based upon the ballad The Ploughboy’s Dream. Arranged by Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 – 1958) Copyright Oxford University Press, used with permission.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2020 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900238