All my hope on God is founded;
He doth still my trust renew,
Me through change and chance He guideth,
Only good and only true.
God unknown, He alone
Calls my heart to be His own.
Human pride and earthly glory,
Sword and crown betray His trust;
What with care and toil He buildeth,
Tower and temple fall to dust.
But God’s power, hour by hour,
Is my temple and my tower.
God’s great goodness aye endureth,
Deep His wisdom, passing thought:
Splendour, light and life attend him,
Beauty springeth out of naught.
Evermore, from His store,
Newborn worlds rise and adore.
Still from man to God eternal
Sacrifice of praise be done,
High above all praises praising
For the gift of Christ, His Son.
Christ doth call one and all:
Ye who follow shall not fall.
If you have a CCLI licence and are unable to use the recording from Soundcloud, please contact us.
- Tune: Michael
- Meter: 87 87 33 7
- Style: Mid 20th Century
- Composer: Herbert Howells (1892 – 1983)
- Lyricist: Joachim Neander (1650 – 1680) German original Translator: Robert Bridges (1844 – 1930)
- Music © 1969 Novello and Co. Limited
- Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2015 Richard Mark Stephen Irwin (b. 1955).
- IRSC: UKTU21900013
- UPC: 5060707370122