Come Ye Faithful Raise The Anthem Lyrics
1. Come, ye faithful, raise the anthem,
Cleave the skies with shouts of praise;
Sing to Him Who found the ransom,
Ancient of eternal days,
God of God, the Word Incarnate,
Whom the heaven of heaven obeys.
2. Ere He raised the lofty mountains,
Formed the seas, or built the sky,
Love eternal, free and boundless,
Moved the Lord of Life to die,
Foreordained the Prince of Princes
For the throne of Calvary.
3. There, for us and our redemption,
See Him all His life blood pour!
There He wins our full salvation,
Dies that we may die no more;
Then arising, lives forever,
Reigning where He was before.
4. High on yon celestial mountains
Stands His sapphire throne, all bright,
Midst unending alleluias
Bursting from the sons of light;
Sion’s people tell His praises,
Victor after hard won fight.
5. Bring your harps, and bring your incense,
Sweep the string and pour the lay;
Let the earth proclaim His wonders,
King of that celestial day;
He the Lamb once slain is worthy,
Who was dead and lives for ay.
6. Laud and honour to the Father,
Laud and honour to the Son,
Laud and honour to the Spirit,
Ever Three and ever One,
While unending ages run.
- Lyrics by Job Hupton (1762 – 1849) and John Mason Neale (1818 – 1866). Public Domain.
- Meter: 87 87 87.
Come Ye Faithful Raise The Anthem Recording
- Tune: Neander Unser Herrscher composed by Joachim Neander (1640 – 1680). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard M S Irwin. All Rights Reserved. ISRC UKTU21900120
Come Ye Faithful Raise The Anthem Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. To keep up to date with the latest recordings, please follow us on SoundCloud, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
Amazon, Apple Music, Deezer, Google, iTunes, Spotify