Abide With Me Lyrics
1. Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide;
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me.
2. Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day;
Earth’s joys grow dim, its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see—
O Thou who changest not, abide with me.
3. I need Thy presence every passing hour;
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter’s pow’r?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.
4. I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness;
Where is death’s sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.
5. Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies;
Heav’n’s morning breaks, and earth’s vain shadows flee;
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.
Abide With Me Brass Band Download
- Tune: Eventide, composed by William Henry Monk (1823 – 1889). Public Domain.
- Performance for Brass Band ℗ 2019 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music etc. Click Here.
Lectionary & General Uses
- Year A Proper 24 Ordinary Time 29 Trinity 19
- Year B Easter 3
- Year B Epiphany Transfiguration Sunday
- Year B Proper 13 Ordinary 18 Trinity 8
Hymns Without Words™ is a free resource for churches and congregations around the world providing free downloads hymns and carols for use in services. This service is provided by composer and arranger Richard Irwin. Music is generally recorded without words and therefore suitable for congregational singing.
Recordings are often refreshed and new recordings added, so please keep coming back to see what is new. We encourage new writers and composers to submit their works for publication. Please Contact Us if you would like to suggest new hymns for recording. Please subscribe to our newsletter for details of new recordings and suggested seasonal choices of hymns.