See Also Recording for Organ
1. O for a thousand tongues to sing
My dear Redeemer’s praise,
The glories of my God and king,
The triumphs of his grace!
2. Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
That bids our sorrows cease;
‘Tis music in the sinner’s ears,
‘Tis life, and health, and peace.
3. He breaks the power of cancelled sin,
He sets the prisoner free;
His blood can make the foulest clean,
His blood availed for me.
4. He speaks; and, listening to his voice,
New life the dead receive;
The mournful, broken hearts rejoice;
The humble poor believe.
5. Hear him, ye deaf; his praise, ye dumb,
Your loosened tongues employ;
You blind, behold your Saviour come;
And leap, ye lame, for joy!
6. My gracious master and my God,
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honours of thy name.
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. You may also use streaming and online services, if they are listed in the section below, to obtain a download of the recording. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
DonationIf you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Click Here to Download
- Tune: Lyngham
- Verses: 6
- Meter: 86 86 Extended
- Usage: Pentecost, Whitsuntide, General
- Composer: Thomas Jarman (1776 – 1861)
- Lyricist: Charles Wesley (1707 – 1788)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2018 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.