See also Recording for Brass Band
Lyrics ~ 6 verses
Meter: 86 86 Extended
1. O for a thousand tongues to sing
My dear Redeemer’s praise,
The glories of my God and king,
The triumphs of his grace!
2. Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
That bids our sorrows cease;
‘Tis music in the sinner’s ears,
‘Tis life, and health, and peace.
3. He breaks the power of cancelled sin,
He sets the prisoner free;
His blood can make the foulest clean,
His blood availed for me.
4. He speaks; and, listening to his voice,
New life the dead receive;
The mournful, broken hearts rejoice;
The humble poor believe.
5. Hear him, ye deaf; his praise, ye dumb,
Your loosened tongues employ;
You blind, behold your Saviour come;
And leap, ye lame, for joy!
6. My gracious master and my God,
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honours of thy name.
Lyrics by Charles Wesley (1707 – 1788). Public domain.
Available from MobileHymns.org
- Tune: Lyngham, composed Thomas Jarman (1776 – 1861), Public domain. Arrangement for Brass Band © 2018 Richard M.S. Irwin.
- Performance ℗ 2018 Richard M.S. Irwin. All rights reserved.
DonationIf you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
Click Here to Download