Mysterious God : Recording
- Tune: Mysterious God, melody composed by Hugh George Wetmore (b. 1937), harmonised by Hazel Hudson
- Performance ℗ 2018 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved.
- Cover image by Johannes Plenio.
Mysterious God : Free MP3 DownloadClick Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
The music used in this recording is Copyright Hugh George Wetmore (b. 1937), and the Performance Copyright ℗ belongs to Richard Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
This website is free to use, but not to operate. If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Many thanks.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list.
Mysterious God : Lyrics
1. Mysterious God, beyond my comprehension,
deeper and wider than the wisest mind,
Stretching beyond conceivable dimension,
beyond the grasp of finite humankind.
Mysterious God, mysterious God
revealed in Jesus, God-man mystery.
2. No single being could express your nature
You are One God, yet show Yourself as Three.
I stand before You as a finite creature,
numbers lose meaning in Your mystery. Refrain
3. Humbled, I try to think of You as spatial,
You’re everywhere now simultaneously;
worthy of temples gloriously palatial,
yet spurning these to live in mystery. Refrain
4. You live outside of Time that so confines me,
I can’t imagine Your Eternity.
Past, present, future: these constructs define me,
Your timeless present is a mystery. Refrain
5. You are Almighty, infinite in power;
what You decide is an accomplished deed.
I struggle to be faithful for one hour,
Your faithful rule is one more mystery. Refrain
- Music and Lyrics used with permission of the copyright holders. Please report all public use to CCLI (In Africa: [email protected], or Internationally: [email protected]).
- Metre: 220.127.116.11 and refrain 4.4.11.