Come Ye Faithful Raise The Strain : Lyrics
1. Come, ye faithful, raise the strain
of triumphant gladness!
God hath brought his Israel
into joy from sadness;
loosed from Pharaoh’s bitter yoke
Jacob’s sons and daughters;
led them with unmoistened foot
through the Red Sea waters.
2. ‘Tis the spring of souls to-day;
Christ hath burst his prison,
and from three days’ sleep in death
as a sun hath risen:
all the winter of our sins,
long and dark, is flying
from his light, to whom we give
laud and praise undying.
3. Now the queen of seasons, bright
with the day of splendour,
with the royal feast of feasts,
comes its joy to render;
comes to glad Jerusalem,
who with true affection
welcomes in unwearied strains
4. Alleluia now we cry
to our King immortal,
who triumphant burst the bars
of the tomb’s dark portal;
Alleluia, with the Son
God the Father praising;
Alleluia yet again
to the Spirit raising.
Come Ye Faithful Raise The Strain : Recording
- Tune: Ave Virgo Virginum, a traditional German tune by an anonymous composer, published in Johannes Leisentritt’s Catholicum Hymnologium Germanicum, Cologne (1584). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2021 Richard M S Irwin. All Rights Reserved. ISRC UKTU21900296
Come Ye Faithful Raise The Strain : Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed