Come Down O Love Divine : Lyrics
1. Come down, O love divine,
Seek Thou this soul of mine,
And visit it with Thine own ardour glowing.
O Comforter, draw near,
Within my heart appear,
And kindle it, Thy holy flame bestowing.
2. O let it freely burn,
‘Til earthly passions turn
To dust and ashes in its heat consuming;
And let Thy glorious light
Shine ever on my sight,
And clothe me round, the while my path illuming.
3. Let holy charity
Mine outward vesture be,
And lowliness become mine inner clothing;
True lowliness of heart,
Which takes the humbler part,
And o’er its own shortcomings weeps with loathing.
4. And so the yearning strong,
With which the soul will long,
Shall far outpass the power of human telling;
For none can guess its grace,
Till he become the place
Wherein the Holy Spirit makes His dwelling.
Come Down O Love Divine : Recording
- Tune: Down Ampney, composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958). Music Copyright Oxford University Press, used with permission.
- Performances ℗ 2021 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900287
Come Down O Love Divine : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording is in copyright and a Licence has been obtained to create it. A Limited Online Music Licence (OLE-0000024421) has been obtained to allow you to download the music services for use in services of Divine Worship. Please Contact Us.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list. Please also follow us on Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
Lectionary and Other Uses
- General Uses
- Years A, B and C
- Candlemas – Presentation of Christ in the Temple
- Easter Vigil
- Bible Sunday
- Lectionary Year A
- Year A Christmas 1
- Year A Epiphany 7
- Year A Lent 3
- Year A Lent 5
- Year A Easter 2
- Year A Easter 6
- Year A Easter 7
- Year A Pentecost
- Year A Proper 6, Ordinary 11, Trinity 1
- Year A Proper 10, Ordinary 15, Trinity 5
- Year A Proper 25, Ordinary 30, Trinity 20
- Lectionary Year B
- Year B Advent 3
- Year B Epiphany 2
- Year B Epiphany 3
- Year B Easter 2
- Year B Easter 5
- Year B Easter 6
- Year B Ascension
- Year B Pentecost
- Year B Proper 12, Ordinary 17, Trinity 8
- Year B Proper 13, Ordinary 18, Trinity 9
- Year B Proper 19 Ordinary 24 Trinity 15
- Year B Proper 22 Ordinary 27 Trinity 18
- Year B Proper 24, Ordinary 29, Trinity 20
- Year B Proper 25, Ordinary 30, Trinity 21, Last After Trinity
- Lectionary Year C
- Year C Advent 2
- Year C Advent 3
- Year C Christmas 1
- Year C Lent 3
- Year C Easter 5
- Year C Easter 6
- Year C Pentecost
- Year C Proper 11, Ordinary 16, Trinity 5
- Year C Proper 19, Ordinary 24, Trinity 23
- Year C Proper 25, Ordinary 30, Trinity 19