Come Down O Love Divine : Lyrics
1. Come down, O love divine,
Seek Thou this soul of mine,
And visit it with Thine own ardour glowing.
O Comforter, draw near,
Within my heart appear,
And kindle it, Thy holy flame bestowing.
2. O let it freely burn,
‘Til earthly passions turn
To dust and ashes in its heat consuming;
And let Thy glorious light
Shine ever on my sight,
And clothe me round, the while my path illuming.
3. Let holy charity
Mine outward vesture be,
And lowliness become mine inner clothing;
True lowliness of heart,
Which takes the humbler part,
And o’er its own shortcomings weeps with loathing.
4. And so the yearning strong,
With which the soul will long,
Shall far outpass the power of human telling;
For none can guess its grace,
Till he become the place
Wherein the Holy Spirit makes His dwelling.
Come Down O Love Divine : Recording and Download
- A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin’s album Wedding Songs – Vol 1 on which is available from Amazon, Google Music, iTunes and Spotify.
- Tune: Down Ampney, composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 – 1958). Music Copyright Oxford University Press, used with permission.
- Performances ℗ 2021 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900287
Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed