Child In The Manger : Recording
- Tune: Bunessan, a traditional Celtic melody arranged by Richard Mark Stephen Irwin (b. 1955). Public Domain.
- Meter: 55 54 D.
- Performances ℗ 2020 Richard Irwin Music® All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900253
Child In The Manger : Lyrics
1. Child in the manger, Infant of Mary,
Outcast and Stranger, Lord of all,
Child Who inherits all our transgressions,
All our demerits on Him fall.
2. Once the most holy Child of salvation
Gently and lowly lived below.
Now as our glorious mighty Redeemer,
See Him victorious o’er each foe.
3. Prophets foretold Him, Infant of wonder;
Angels behold Him on His throne.
Worthy our Saviour of all our praises;
Happy forever are His own.
- Original lyricist Mary M. Macdonald (1789-1872) in Gaelic. Translated into English by Lachlan Macbean (1853-1931) in the Hymnal Songs and Hymns of the Gael (published Edinburgh, Scotland: 1888). Public Domain.
- The original Gaelic version of this carol can be found here: Leanabh an àigh
- Meter: 55 54 D.
Child In The Manger : Free MP3 Donwload
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.
Author Mary M Macdonald (1789-1872)
Mary M Macdonald (1789-1872) was a Scottish Hymnist. Daughter of a Baptist cleric she was born near Bunessan, on the Isle of Mull, in the Inner Hebrides. Mary lived in the village of Cancan. She wrote both songs and poetry in Gaelic.