On Jordan’s Bank Lyrics
1. On Jordan’s bank the Baptist’s cry
announces that the Lord is nigh;
awake and hearken, for he brings
glad tidings of the King of kings.
2. Then cleansed be every breast from sin;
make straight the way for God within,
prepare we in our hearts a home
where such a mighty Guest may come.
3. For thou art our salvation, Lord,
our refuge and our great reward;
without thy grace we waste away
like flowers that wither and decay.
4. To heal the sick stretch out thine hand,
and bid the fallen sinner stand;
shine forth and let thy light restore
earth’s own true loveliness once more.
5. All praise, eternal Son, to thee,
whose advent doth thy people free;
whom with the Father we adore
and Holy Ghost for evermore.
Winchester New Download
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1
- Tune: Winchester New, a traditional German tune by an anonymous composer found originally in the Musikalisches Hanbuch (1690). Public Domain
- Performance ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.
A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin’s album – From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1 which can be found on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.#
Please specify the URL of your file
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed