The Head That Once Was Crowned With Thorns : Recording
- Tune: St Magnus composed by Jeremiah Clarke (1670-1707). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900130
The Head That Once Was Crowned With Thorns : Free MP3 Downloads
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®. Please contact us if you wish to use the recordings other than for use in divine worship or for personal use.
This website is free to use, but not to operate. If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Many thanks.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list.
Original Key F MajorDownload Original Version
Lower Key E Flat MajorDownload Lower Key Version
The Head That Once Was Crowned With Thorns : Lyrics
1. The Head that once was crowned with thorns
Is crowned with glory now;
A royal diadem adorns
The mighty Victor’s brow.
2. The highest place that heaven affords
Is His, is His by right,
The King of kings and Lord of lords,
And heaven’s eternal Light;
3. The Joy of all who dwell above,
The Joy of all below
To whom He manifests His love
And grants His name to know.
4. To them the cross, with all its shame,
With all its grace, is given;
Their name an everlasting name,
Their joy the joy of heaven.
5. They suffer with their Lord below,
They reign with Him above,
Their profit and their joy to know
The mystery of His love.
6. The cross He bore is life and health,
Though shame and death to Him:
His people’s hope, His people’s wealth,
Their everlasting theme.