The Head That Once Was Crowned With Thorns : Lyrics
Suggested use Easter.
1. The Head that once was crowned with thorns
Is crowned with glory now;
A royal diadem adorns
The mighty Victor’s brow.
2. The highest place that heaven affords
Is His, is His by right,
The King of kings and Lord of lords,
And heaven’s eternal Light;
3. The Joy of all who dwell above,
The Joy of all below
To whom He manifests His love
And grants His name to know.
4. To them the cross, with all its shame,
With all its grace, is given;
Their name an everlasting name,
Their joy the joy of heaven.
5. They suffer with their Lord below,
They reign with Him above,
Their profit and their joy to know
The mystery of His love.
6. The cross He bore is life and health,
Though shame and death to Him:
His people’s hope, His people’s wealth,
Their everlasting theme.
The Head That Once Was Crowned With Thorns : Recording and download
- Tune: St Magnus composed by Jeremiah Clarke (1670-1707). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900130
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.