- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 2
- Tune: Wzlobie Lezy
- Meter: 87 87 88 77
- Style: Traditional Polish, Carol
- Church Year: Christmas
- Composer: Unknown
- Lyricist: Unknown traditional Polish
- Translator: Edith Margaret Gellibrand Redd (1885 – 1933)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.
To simplify issues with Copyright, we have had to start using various on-line delivery services for some hymns. A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin's album - "From Advent to Epiphany Volume 2" which can be found on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.
Carol – Infant holy, infant lowly – Lyrics
Infant holy, infant lowly,
For His bed a cattle stall;
Oxen lowing, little knowing
Christ, the babe, is Lord of all.
Swift are winging, angels singing,
Noels ringing, tidings bringing:
Christ the babe is Lord of all.
Flocks were sleeping, shepherds keeping
Vigil till the morning new
Saw the glory, heard the story,
Tidings of a gospel true.
Thus rejoicing, free from sorrow,
Praises voicing greet the morrow:
Christ the babe was born for you.