Infant holy, infant lowly,
For His bed a cattle stall;
Oxen lowing, little knowing
Christ, the babe, is Lord of all.
Swift are winging, angels singing,
Noels ringing, tidings bringing:
Christ the babe is Lord of all.
Flocks were sleeping, shepherds keeping
Vigil till the morning new
Saw the glory, heard the story,
Tidings of a gospel true.
Thus rejoicing, free from sorrow,
Praises voicing greet the morrow:
Christ the babe was born for you.
Available from MobileHymns.org
To simplify issues with Copyright, we have had to start using various on-line delivery services for some hymns. A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin's album - "From Advent to Epiphany Volume 2" which can be found on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.
Click Here to Download
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 2
- Tune: Wzlobie Lezy
- Meter: 87 87 88 77
- Style: Traditional Polish, Carol
- Church Year: Christmas
- Composer: Unknown
- Lyricist: Unknown traditional Polish
- Translator: Edith Margaret Gellibrand Redd (1885 -- 1933)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.