Infant holy, infant lowly,
For His bed a cattle stall;
Oxen lowing, little knowing
Christ, the babe, is Lord of all.
Swift are winging, angels singing,
Noels ringing, tidings bringing:
Christ the babe is Lord of all.
Flocks were sleeping, shepherds keeping
Vigil till the morning new
Saw the glory, heard the story,
Tidings of a gospel true.
Thus rejoicing, free from sorrow,
Praises voicing greet the morrow:
Christ the babe was born for you.
Available from MobileHymns.org
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 2
- Tune: Wzlobie Lezy
- Meter: 87 87 88 77
- Style: Traditional Polish, Carol
- Church Year: Christmas
- Composer: Unknown
- Lyricist: Unknown traditional Polish
- Translator: Edith Margaret Gellibrand Redd (1885 – 1933)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.