Her Virgin Eyes : Recording
- Tune: Farley Castle composed by Henry Lawes (1596-1662). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2022 Richard Irwin Music®. ISRC UKTU21900545. All rights reserved.
- Cover image by Dimitris Vetsikas.
Her Virgin Eyes: Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®. Please contact us if you wish to use the recordings other than for use in divine worship or for personal use.
This website is free to use, but not to operate. If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Many thanks.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list.
Her Virgin Eyes : Lyrics
1. Her Virgin eyes saw God incarnate born,
When she to Bethlem came that happy morn:
How high her raptures then began to swell,
None but her own omniscient Son can tell.
2. As Eve, when she her fontal sin reviewed,
Wept for herself and all she should include,
Blest Mary, with man’s Saviour in embrace,
Joyed for herself and for all human race.
3. All saints are by her Son’s dear influence blest;
She kept the very fountain at her breast:
The Son adored and nursed by the sweet Maid
A thousandfold of love for love repaid.
4. Heaven with transcendent joys her entrance graced,
Near to his throne her Son his Mother placed;
And here below, now she’s of heaven possessed,
All generations are to call her blest.