Glory To Thee My God This Night Lyrics
1. Glory to thee, my God, this night,
For all the blessings of the light:
Keep me, O keep me, King of kings,
Beneath thine own almighty wings.
2. Forgive me, Lord, for thy dear Son,
The ill that I this day have done;
That with the world, myself, and thee,
I, ere I sleep, at peace may be.
3. Teach me to live, that I may dread
The grave as little as my bed;
Teach me to die, that so I may
Rise glorious at the awful day.
4. O may my soul on thee repose,
And with sweet sleep mine eyelids close;
Sleep that shall me more vigorous make
To serve my God when I awake.
5. Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise him, all creatures here below;
Praise him above, ye heavenly host:
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
Meter: LM. Lyricist: Thomas Ken (1637 – 1710). Public Domain.
Tallis’ Canon ~ Recording
- Tune: Tallis’ Canon, composed by Thomas Tallis (c.1505 – 1585). Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2020 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900223
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship (including online services) or for personal use only. The track may also be found on various online music systems, which can be used for downloads if they are listed in the section below. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us
Donation If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
Click Here to DownloadPlease Right-Click and Save Link if needed
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.