Hark A Herald Voice Is Calling : Lyrics
1. Hark a herald voice is calling:
‘Christ is nigh,’ it seems to say;
‘Cast away the dreams of darkness,
O ye children of the day!’
2. Startled at the solemn warning,
Let the earth-bound soul arise;
Christ, her Sun, all sloth dispelling,
Shines upon the morning skies.
3. Lo! the Lamb, so long expected,
Comes with pardon down from heaven;
Let us haste, with tears of sorrow,
One and all to be forgiven;
4. So when next he comes with glory,
Wrapping all the earth in fear,
May he then as our defender
Of the clouds of heaven appear.
5. Honour, glory, virtue, merit,
To the Father and the Son,
With the co-eternal Spirit,
While unending ages run.
- Lyrics by an unknown 6th Century author, translated by Edward Caswall (1814 – 1878). Public Domain.
- Meter: 87 87.
Hark A Herald Voice Is Calling : Recording
- Tune: Merton, composed by William Henry Monk (1823 – 1889). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2019 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900058
Hark A Herald Voice Is Calling : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed