Father Hear The Prayer We Offer Lyrics
Father, hear the prayer we offer:
Not for ease that prayer shall be,
But for strength that we may ever
Live our lives courageously.
Not for ever in green pastures
Do we ask our way to be;
But the steep and rugged pathway
May we tread rejoicingly.
Not for ever by still waters
Would we idly rest and stay;
But would smith the living fountains
From the rocks along our way.
Be our strength in hours of weakness,
In our wanderings be our guide;
Through endeavour, failure, danger,
Father, be thou at our side.
Sussex ~ Recording
- Tune: Sussex, a traditional English melody by an unknown composer adapted Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 – 1958). Music Copyright © Copyright © 1919 Stainer & Bell. Recorded with permission. Licence number: OLE-0018674.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. UKTU21900098
The music used in this recording is in copyright and a Licence has been obtained to create it. A Limited Online Music Licence (OLE-0000018642) has been obtained to allow you to download the music services for use in services of Divine Worship. Please Contact Us.
If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
Psalm 23 – King James Version
1. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.