Alternative settings of Amazing Grace
Amazing Grace Lyrics
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
T’was grace that taught my heart to fear.
And grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
‘Tis grace that brought me safe thus far
and grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
When we’ve been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’ve first begun.
- A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin’s album Wedding Songs – Vol 1 on which is available from Amazon, Google Music, iTunes and Spotify.
- Amazing Grace a traditional American tune by an anonymous composer. Arrangement © 2013 Richard M S Irwin
- Performance ℗ 2016 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Right-Click Here to Download
Available from MobileHymns.org
- Years A, B and C
- Easter Sunday
- Corpus Christi
- All Saints
- Lectionary Year A
- Year A Lent 1
- Year A Lent 3
- Year A Lent 4
- Year A Proper 16
- Year A Second Sunday Before Advent
- Lectionary Year B
- Year B Epiphany 3,
- Year B Proper 13 Ordinary 18 Trinity 8,
- Year B Proper 8
- Lectionary Year C
- Year C Epiphany 5
- Year C Lent 4
- Year C Holy Week Tuesday
- Year C Proper 19