When A Knight Won His Spurs Recording
- Tune: Stowey, a traditional English fold melody arranged by Richard Irwin, © 2008.
- Meter: 12 12 12 12
- Performance ℗ 2023 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU22300622
- Cover image by Peter H from Pixabay
When A Knight Won His Spurs : Lyrics
1. When a knight won his spurs, in the stories of old,
He was gentle and brave, he was gallant and bold;
With a shield on his arm and a lance in his hand,
For God and for valour he rode through the land.
2. No charger have I, and no sword by my side,
Yet still to adventure and battle I ride,
Though back into storyland giants have fled,
And the knights are no more and the dragons are dead.
3. Let faith be my shield and let joy be my steed
‘gainst the dragons of anger, the ogres of greed;
And let me set free with the sword of my youth,
From the castle of darkness, the power of the truth
When A Knight Won His Spurs Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording is in copyright and a Licence has been obtained to create it. A Limited Online Music Licence (OLE-0000024421) has been obtained to allow you to download the music services for use in services of Divine Worship. Please Contact Us to use the track in any other way.
This website is free to use, but not to operate. If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider an occasional donation to help keep this service free. Many thanks.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list.
Listen on Streaming Services
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music etc. Click Here.