This Is The Day The Lord Has Made : Lyrics
1. This is the day the Lord has made;
He calls the hours His own;
Let heav’n rejoice, let earth be glad,
And praise surround the throne.
2. Today he rose and left the dead,
And Satan’s empire fell;
Today the saints His triumphs spread,
And all His wonders tell.
3. Hosanna to th’anointed King,
To David’s holy Son.
Help us, O LORD, descend and bring
Salvation from Your throne.
4. Blest be the Lord, who comes to us
With messages of grace;
Who comes, in God His Father’s name,
To save our sinful race.
5. Hosanna in the highest strains
The Church on Earth can raise;
The highest leav’ns in which He reigns
Shall give him nobler praise.
This Is The Day The Lord Has Made : Recording
- Tune: Billing, composed by Sir Richard Runciman Terry (1865 – 1938). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2021 Richard Irwin Music®. All Rights Reserved. ISRC UKTU21900290
This Is The Day The Lord Has Made : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list. Please also follow us on Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
The following are suggestions for Sundays and feast days when this hymn might be sung. Please feel free to contact us, if you have other suggestions.
This Is The Day The Lord Has Made is suitable for the following services and times in the church year:
- General Uses
- Morning Prayer
- Easter Sunday
- Year A Palm Sunday – Liturgy of The Palms and Liturgy of The Passion
- Year A Easter 2
- Year A Proper 10, Ordinary 15, Trinity 5
- Year A Proper 23, Ordinary 28, Trinity 18
- Year B Palm Sunday – Liturgy of The Palms and Liturgy of The Passion
- Year C Easter 2
- Year C Epiphany 5
- Year C Proper 26, Ordinary 31, Trinity 20