Alternative settings of Put Thou Thy Trust In God
Put Thou Thy Trust In God : Lyrics
1. Put thou thy trust in God,
In duty’s path go on;
Walk in His strength with faith and hope,
So shall thy work be done.
2. Commit thy ways to Him,
Thy works into His hands,
And rest on His unchanging Word,
Who Heav’n and earth commands.
3. Though years on years roll on,
His cov’nant shall endure;
Though clouds and darkness hide His path,
The promised grace is sure.
4. Give to the winds Thy fears;
Hope, and be undismayed;
God hears thy sighs and counts thy tears;
God shall lift up thy head.
5. Through waves, and clouds, and storms,
His power will clear thy way;
Wait thou His time, the darkest night
Shall end in brightest day.
6. Leave to His sovereign sway
To choose and to command;
So shalt thou, wond’ring, own His way,
How wise, how strong His hand.
- Original German lyricist: Paul Gerhardt (1607-1676), translated into English by John Wesley (1703 -1791). Public Domain.
- Meter: SM.
Put Thou Thy Trust In God : Recording
- Tune: Doncaster composed by Samuel Wesley (1766-1837). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard Irwin Music®. ISRC UKTU21900112. All rights reserved.
Put Thou Thy Trust In God Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Right-Click Here to Download
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.
Lectionary and Other Uses
- Years A, B & C
- Bible Sunday
- Ascension Day
- Lectionary Year A
- Year A Proper 25, Ordinary 30, Trinity 20
- Lectionary Year B
- Year B Christmas Holy Name Of Jesus
- Year B Easter 6
- Lectionary Year C
- Year C Lent 2
- Year C Lent 3