- Album: Wedding Songs - Vol 1
- Tune: Nun Danket
- Meter: 67 67 66 66
- Style: German Reformation
- Composer: Johann Crüger (1598 – 1662)
- Harmony: Harmony: William Henry Monk (1823-1889)
- Lyricist: Martin Rinkart (1586 – 1694)
- Translator: Catherine Winkworth (1827 – 1878)
- Church Year: General, Weddings
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2014 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.
RecordingsTo simplify issues with Copyright, we have had to start using various on-line delivery services for some hymns. Spotify is available on either a free or low cost subscription basis, other services will charge a small fee for the download, but you can keep and reuse the recordings, which are available from Amazon, Google Music, iTunes and Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.
Now thank we all our God – Lyrics
Now thank we all our God, with heart and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things has done, in Whom this world rejoices;
Who from our mothers’ arms has blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love, and still is ours today.
O may this bounteous God through all our life be near us,
With ever joyful hearts and blessèd peace to cheer us;
And keep us in His grace, and guide us when perplexed;
And free us from all ills, in this world and the next!
All praise and thanks to God the Father now be given;
The Son and Him Who reigns with Them in highest Heaven;
The one eternal God, whom earth and Heaven adore;
For thus it was, is now, and shall be evermore.