Now thank we all our God – Lyrics
Now thank we all our God, with heart and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things has done, in Whom this world rejoices;
Who from our mothers’ arms has blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love, and still is ours today.
O may this bounteous God through all our life be near us,
With ever joyful hearts and blessèd peace to cheer us;
And keep us in His grace, and guide us when perplexed;
And free us from all ills, in this world and the next!
All praise and thanks to God the Father now be given;
The Son and Him Who reigns with Them in highest Heaven;
The one eternal God, whom earth and Heaven adore;
For thus it was, is now, and shall be evermore.
Available from MobileHymns.org
The music used in these recording belongs in the Public Domain, however the Performances belong to ℗ 2019 Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recordings for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
Original Key F MajorClick Here to Download
Lower Key E MajorI have had requests for hymns to be set in a lower key more suited to more elderly singers. If you need such a recording please and it is not currently available in the Lower Key category, please Contact me.
Click Here to Download
- Album: Wedding Songs - Vol 1
- Tune: Nun Danket
- Meter: 67 67 66 66
- Style: German Reformation
- Composer: Johann Crüger (1598 – 1662)
- Harmony: Harmony: William Henry Monk (1823-1889)
- Lyricist: Martin Rinkart (1586 – 1694)
- Translator: Catherine Winkworth (1827 – 1878)
- Church Year: General, Weddings
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performances Copyright ℗ 2014 (video) and 2019 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music etc. Click Here.