Carol – Go tell it on the mountains – Lyrics
Go, tell it on the mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere,
Go, tell it on the mountain that
Jesus Christ is born.
While shepherds kept their watching
O’er wandering flocks by night,
Behold, from out of heaven,
There shone a holy light. Refrain
And lo, when they had seen it,
They all bowed down and prayed;
They travelled on together
To where the babe was laid. Refrain
When I was a seeker,
I sought both night and day,
I asked the Lord to help me
And he showed me the way. Refrain
He made me a watchman
Upon a city wall,
And, if I am a Christian,
I am the least of all. Refrain
Available from MobileHymns.org
A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin’s album – “From Advent to Epiphany Volume 3” on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 3
- Tune: Go tell it on the mountain
- Style: Traditional American, Carol
- Composer: Unknown Traditional Melody arranged Richard Mark Stephen Irwin
- Lyricist: Unknown Traditional
- Church Year: Christmas
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Verses: 4
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.