Crown Him With Many Crowns Lyrics
1. Crown Him with many crowns,
The Lamb upon His throne,
Hark! how the heavenly anthem drowns
All music but its own.
Awake, my soul, and sing
Of Him who died for thee,
And Hail him as thy matchless King
through all eternity.
2. Crown Him the Virgin’s Son,
The God incarnate born,
Whose arm those crimson trophies won
Fruit of the mystic Rose,
As of the Rose the Stem,
The Root, whence mercy ever flows,
The Babe of Bethlehem.
3. Crown Him the Lord of Love.
Behold His hands and side,
Rich wounds, yet visible above,
In beauty glorified.
No angel in the sky
Can fully bear that sight,
But downward bends his wondering eye
At mysteries so bright!
4. Crown Him the Lord of peace,
Whose power a scepter sways
From pole to pole, that wars may cease,
And all be prayer and praise:
His reign shall know no end,
And round His piercèd feet
Fair flowers of paradise extend
Their fragrance ever sweet.
5. Crown Him the Lord of years,
The Potentate of time,
Creator of the rolling spheres,
All hail, Redeemer, hail!
For Thou has died for me;
Thy praise and glory shall not fail
Diadematar ~ Recording
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1
- Tune: Diadematar, composed by George Job Elvey (1816 – 1893). Public domain.
- Performance ℗ 2016 Richard M S Irwin, All rights reserved.
A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin’s album – From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1 which can be found on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.
Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
Available from MobileHymns.org
- Good Friday
- Year A Easter 2
- Year B Advent 4
- Year B Epiphany 5, 2nd Sunday Before Lent
- Year B Easter 2
- Year B Proper 29 Proper 34
- Year C Proper 29 Ordinary 34