Crown Him With Many Crowns : Lyrics
1. Crown Him with many crowns,
The Lamb upon His throne,
Hark! how the heavenly anthem drowns
All music but its own.
Awake, my soul, and sing
Of Him who died for thee,
And Hail him as thy matchless King
through all eternity.
2. Crown Him the Virgin’s Son,
The God incarnate born,
Whose arm those crimson trophies won
Which now his brow adorn;
Fruit of the mystic Rose,
As of the Rose the Stem,
The Root, whence mercy ever flows,
The Babe of Bethlehem.
3. Crown Him the Lord of Love.
Behold His hands and side,
Rich wounds, yet visible above,
In beauty glorified.
No angel in the sky
Can fully bear that sight,
But downward bends his wondering eye
At mysteries so bright!
4. Crown Him the Lord of peace,
Whose power a scepter sways
From pole to pole, that wars may cease,
And all be prayer and praise:
His reign shall know no end,
And round His piercèd feet
Fair flowers of paradise extend
Their fragrance ever sweet.
5. Crown Him the Lord of years,
The Potentate of time,
Creator of the rolling spheres,
All hail, Redeemer, hail!
For Thou has died for me;
Thy praise and glory shall not fail
Available from MobileHymns.org
Crown Him With Many Crowns : Recording
- Tune: Diadematar, composed by George Job Elvey (1816 – 1893). Public domain.
- Trumpet descant by Richard M S Irwin.
- Performance ℗ 2021 Richard Irwin Music®, All rights reserved.
Crown Him With Many Crowns : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.
- Years A, B and C
- Feast Of St Stephen
- Good Friday
- Lectionary Year A
- Year A Christmas 2
- Year A Easter 2
- Lectionary Year B
- Year B Advent 4
- Year B Christmas 2
- Year B Epiphany 5, 2nd Sunday Before Lent
Year B Easter 2
- Year B Proper 29 Proper 34
- Lectionary Year C
- Year C Christmas 2
- Year C Proper 29 Ordinary 34