While Shepherds Watched Lyrics
1. While shepherds watched their flocks by night,
all seated on the ground;
the angel of the Lord came down,
and glory shone around.
2. “Fear not!” said he, (for mighty dread
had seized their troubled mind):
“Glad tidings of great joy I bring
to you and all mankind.”
3. “To you, in David’s town, this day
is born of David’s line
a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord,
and this shall be the sign:”
4. “The heavenly babe you there shall find
to human view displayed,
all meanly wrapped in swathing bands,
and in a manger laid.”
5. Thus spake the seraph and forthwith
appeared a shining throng
of angels praising God, who thus
addressed their joyful song:
6. “All glory be to God on high,
and to the earth be peace;
good will henceforth from heaven to men
begin and never cease!”
Winchester Old Download
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 2
- Tune: Winchester Old, composed by Christopher Tye (c.1505 – c.1573) from Thomas Este’s Psalter (1592). Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.
Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.