Hymn – Give us wings of faith – Lyrics
1. Give us the wings of faith to rise
within the veil, and see
the saints above, how great their joys,
how bright their glories be.
2. Once they were mourning here below,
their couch was wet with tears;
they wrestled hard, as we do now,
with sins and doubts and fears.
3. We ask them whence their vict’ry came:
they, with united breath,
ascribe their conquest to the Lamb,
their triumph to his death.
4. They marked the footsteps that he trod,
his zeal inspired their breast,
and, following their incarnate God,
possess the promised rest.
5. Our glorious Leader claims our praise
for his own pattern given;
while the long cloud of witnesses
show the same path to heav’n.
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, please follow us on SoundCloud and Facebook. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Click Here to Download
- Tune: Song 67
- Verses: 4
- Meter: 77 77
- Church Year: General
- Composer: Unknown. Melody from Edmund Prys’ (1544-1623) ‘Salmau Cân’ 1621
- Lyricist: Issac Watts (1674 – 1748)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2018 Richard M S Irwin Certain rights reserved.