Ye Watchers And Ye Holy Ones Lyrics
1. Ye watchers and ye holy ones,
Bright seraphs, cherubim, and thrones,
Raise the glad strain, Alleluia!
Cry out, dominions, princedoms, powers,
Virtues, archangels, angels’ choirs,
2. O higher than the cherubim,
More glorious than the seraphim,
Lead their praises, Alleluia!
Thou Bearer of the eternal Word,
Most gracious, magnify the Lord,
3. Respond, ye souls in endless rest,
Ye patriarchs and prophets blest,
Ye holy Twelve, ye martyrs strong,
All saints triumphant, raise the song,
4. O friend, in gladness let us sing,
Supernal anthems echoing,
To God the Father, God the Son,
And God the Spirit, Three in One,
Meter: 88 44 88 and Alleluias. Lyricist: John Athelstan Laurie Riley (1858-1945). Lyrics Public Domain.
Ye Watchers And Ye Holy Ones : Recordings
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1
- Tune: Lasst Uns Erfreuen, composer unknown from the Hymnal “Geistliche Kirchengesang, Cologne (1623)”, arranged by Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 – 1958). Music Copyright © Oxford University Press. Used with permission.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.
Ye Watchers And Ye Holy Ones Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording is in copyright and a Licence has been obtained to create it. A Limited Online Music Licence (OLE-0000024421) has been obtained to allow you to download the music services for use in services of Divine Worship. Please Contact Us.
If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
Lectionary And Other Uses
- All Saints
- All Souls
- Year A Trinity Sunday
- Year B Epiphany 5, 2nd Sunday Before Lent
- Year B Proper 9, Ordinary 14, Trinity 5
- Year C Epiphany 7