- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1
- Tune: Lasst Uns Erfreuen
- Meter: 88 44 88 and Alleluias
- Style: Reformation, Carol
- Composer: Unknown from Hymnal: Geistliche Kirchengesang, Cologne (1623) arranger: Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 – 1958)
- Lyricist: John Athelstan Laurie Riley (1858 – 1945)
- Church Year: Christmas, Ascension, Trinity
- Music and Lyrics Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.
RecordingsTo simplify issues with Copyright, we have had to start using various on-line delivery services for some hymns. A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin's album - From Advent to Epiphany Volume 1 which can be found on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.
Hymn – Ye watchers and ye holy ones – Lyrics
Ye watchers and ye holy ones,
Bright seraphs, cherubim, and thrones,
Raise the glad strain, Alleluia!
Cry out, dominions, princedoms, powers,
Virtues, archangels, angels’ choirs,
O higher than the cherubim,
More glorious than the seraphim,
Lead their praises, Alleluia!
Thou Bearer of the eternal Word,
Most gracious, magnify the Lord,
Respond, ye souls in endless rest,
Ye patriarchs and prophets blest,
Ye holy Twelve, ye martyrs strong,
All saints triumphant, raise the song,
O friend, in gladness let us sing,
Supernal anthems echoing,
To God the Father, God the Son,
And God the Spirit, Three in One,