Will Your Anchor Hold : Recording
- Tune: Will Your Anchor Hold, composed by William James Kirkpatrick (1838-1921). Public domain.
- Performance ℗ 2018 Richard Irwin Music®.
Will Your Anchor Hold : Free MP3 Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®. Please contact us if you wish to use the recordings other than for use in divine worship or for personal use.
This website is free to use, but not to operate. If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Many thanks.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list. Please also follow us on Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
Will Your Anchor Hold – Lyrics
1. Will your anchor hold in the storms of life,
When the clouds unfold their wings of strife?
When the strong tides lift and the cables strain,
Will your anchor drift, or firm remain?
We have an anchor that keeps the soul
Steadfast and sure while the billows roll,
Fastened to the Rock which cannot move,
Grounded firm and deep in the Saviour’s love.
2. It is safely moored, ’twill the storm withstand,
For ’tis well secured by the Savior’s hand;
And the cables, passed from His heart to mine,
Can defy that blast, thro’ strength divine. Refrain
3. Will your anchor hold in the Straits of Fear,
When the breakers roar and the reef is near?
Though the surges rave, and the wild winds blow,
Shall the angry waves then your bark o’erflow? Refrain
4. Will your anchor hold in the Floods of Death,
When the waters cold chill your latest breath?
On the rising tide it can never fail,
While your anchor holds within the Veil. Refrain
5. Will your eyes behold through the morning light
The city of gold, our harbour bright?
We shall anchor safe by the heav’nly shore,
When life’s storms are past forevermore. Refrain
- Lyricist: Priscilla Jane Owens (1829-1899). Public domain
- Meter: Irregular and Refrain.
Available from MobileHymns.org
Thank you so much for sharing.
I pray our anchors hold till the end, in Jesus’ Name.
Dear John, many thanks. Joy and blessings to you.
A big Thank you for sharing here! God bless you.
Thank you, joy and blessings