The Day Of Resurrection : Lyrics
1. The day of resurrection!
Earth, tell it out abroad;
The Passover of gladness,
The Passover of God.
From death to life eternal,
From earth unto the sky,
Our Christ hath brought us over,
With hymns of victory.
2. Our hearts be pure from evil,
That we may see aright
The Lord in rays eternal
Of resurrection light;
And listening to his accents,
May hear, so calm and plain,
His own “All hail!” and, hearing,
May raise the victor strain.
3. Now let the heavens be joyful!
Let earth the song begin!
Let the round world keep triumph,
And all that is therein!
Let all things seen and unseen
Their notes in gladness blend,
For Christ the Lord hath risen,
Our joy that hath no end.
- Words from St John of Damascus (c. 750) translated by John Mason Neale (1818 -1866). Public Domain.
- Meter: 76 76 D.
The Day Of Resurrection : Recording
- Tune: Ellacombe, composer anonymous, from the hymnal: Wüttemburg Gesangbuch (1784). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900129
The Day Of Resurrection : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list. Please also follow us on Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
- Years A, B And C
- Easter Vigil
- Easter Sunday
- Lectionary Year A
- Year A Lent 5
- Year A Easter 3
- Year A Proper 18, Ordinary 23, Trinity 13
- Lectionary Year B
- Year B Easter 2
- Year B Easter 3
- Year B Easter 6
- Lectionary Year C
- Year C Easter 2
- Year C Easter 3