Hymn – Spirit of God – Lyrics
Spirit of God, unseen as the wind,
Gentle as is the dove;
Touch us with love and teach us to sing
Joy to you Lord above.
Your voice the sound, heard in the wind,
O’er fields and hills you sing;
Now I can hear the joy, my Lord,
the peace your song will bring.
Love in our hearts, praise in our prayers,
We follow on your way;
Lord of the sky, Lord of the Earth,
Answer us when we pray.
Copyright © Richard M S Irwin 2008
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. You may also use streaming and on-line services, if they are listed in the section below, to obtain as download of the recording. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Click Here to Download
- Album: Wedding Songs
- Tune: Skye boat song
- Meter: 96 96 and Refrain
- Style: Traditional Scottish
- Usage: Pentecost, General, Weddings
- Composer: Unknown
- Arranger: Richard Mark Stephen Irwin
- Lyricist: Richard Mark Stephen Irwin (b. 1955)
- Music Copyright Public Domain
- Lyrics Copyright © 2008 Richard Mark Stephen Irwin
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2014 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.