Praise The Lord Ye Heavens Adore Him : Lyrics
Praise the Lord, ye heavens, adore Him!
Praise Him, angels in the height;
Sun and moon, rejoice before Him,
Praise Him, all ye stars of light.
Praise the Lord, for He hath spoken;
Worlds His mighty voice obeyed:
Laws, which never shall be broken,
For their guidance He hath made.
Praise the Lord, for He is glorious:
Never shall His promise fail.
God hath made His saints victorious;
Sin and death shall not prevail.
Praise the God of our salvation,
Hosts on high, His power proclaim;
Heaven and earth and all creation,
Laud and magnify His Name.
Worship, honour, glory, blessing,
Lord, we offer to Thy name.
Young and old, Thy praise expressing,
Join their Saviour to proclaim:
As the saints in heaven adore Thee,
We would bow before Thy throne,
As Thine angels serve before Thee,
So on earth Thy will be done.
- Lyricist: Anonymous, verses 1 & 2 from the Foundling Hospital Collection , London, of 1796. Verse 3 written by Edward Osler (1798 – 1863). Public Domain.
- Meter: 87 87 D.
Praise The Lord Ye Heavens Adore Him : Recording
- Tune: Austria, a traditional Croatian folk melody adapted by Franz Joseph Haydn (1732 – 1809). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2022 Richard Irwin Music®. ISRC UKTU21900505. All rights reserved
- Cover Image by Merson Su from Pixabay.
Praise The Lord Ye Heavens Adore Him : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
Praise The Lord Ye Heavens : Lectionary Use
- Years A, B and C
- Candlemas – Presentation of Christ in the Temple
- Easter Vigil
- All Saints
- Lectionary Year A
- Year A Epiphany Transfiguration Sunday, Next Before Lent
- Year A Easter 4
- Year A Proper 10, Ordinary 15, Trinity 5
- Year A Proper 14, Ordinary 19, Trinity 9
- Year A Proper 21, Ordinary 26, Trinity 16
- Lectionary Year B
- Year B Christmas 1
- Year B Epiphany 1 (Baptism of The Lord)
- Year B Epiphany 5, 2nd Sunday Before Lent
- Year B Easter 4
- Year B Proper 12, Ordinary 17, Trinity 8
- Lectionary Year C
- Year C Easter 5
- Year C Proper 25, Ordinary 30, Trinity 19
- Year C Feast Of Christ The King