O Happy Band Of Pilgrims : Lyrics
1. O happy band of pilgrims,
If onward you will tread,
With Jesus as your Fellow,
To Jesus as your Head.
2. The cross that Jesus carried
He carried as your due;
The crown that Jesus weareth
He weareth it for you.
3. The faith by which ye see Him,
The hope in which ye yearn,
The love that through all troubles
To Him alone will turn.
4. What are they but forerunners
To lead you to his sight,
The longed-for distant dawning
Of uncreated light?
5. The trials that beset you,
The sorrows you endure,
Are known to Christ your Saviour,
Whose perfect grace will cure.
6. O happy band of pilgrims,
Look upward to the skies,
Where such a light affliction
Shall win you such a prize.
- Lyrics by St Joseph the Hymnographer, translated by John Mason Neale (1818-1866). Public Domain.
- Meter 76 76.
O Happy Band Of Pilgrims : Recording
- Tune: St Hilda composed by Justin Heinrich Knecht (1752-1817). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2022 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900529.
O Happy Band Of Pilgrims : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®. Please contact us if you wish to use the recordings other than for use in divine worship or for personal use.
This website is free to use, but not to operate. If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Many thanks.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list. Please also follow us on Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
Listen on Streaming Services
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.
o happy band of pilgrims lyrics – joseph the hymnographer free sheet – a band of pilgrims meaning