My Gracious Lord : Lyrics
1. My gracious Lord, I own thy right
To ev’ry service I can pay;
And call it my supreme delight
To hear thy dictates and obey.
2. What is my being but for thee,
Its sure support, its noblest end,
Thy ever-smiling face to see
And serve the cause of such a friend?
I would not breathe for worldly joy,
Or to increase my worldly good,
Nor future days or pow’rs employ
To spread a sounding name abroad;
But to my Saviour I would live,
To him who for my ransom died;
Nor could untainted Eden give
Such bliss as blossoms at his side.
His work my later tears shall bless,
When youthful vigour is no more,
And my last hour of life confess
His love hath animating pow’r.
- Lyricist: Philip Doddridge (1702-1751). Public domain.
- Meter: LM
My Gracious Lord : Recording
- Tune: Warrington, composed by Ralph Harrison (1748-1810). Public domain.
- Performance ℗ 2018 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved.
- Cover image Mabel Amber, Pixabay.
My Gracious Lord : Free Mp3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed