Jesus Lives Thy Terrors Now Recording
- Tune: St Albinus composed by Henry John Gauntlett (1805 – 1876). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900124
Jesus Lives Thy Terrors Now Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®. Please contact us if you wish to use the recordings other than for use in divine worship or for personal use.
This website is free to use, but not to operate. If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Many thanks.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list. Please also follow us on Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
Original Key – B Flat Major
Lower Key – A Flat Major
Jesus Lives Thy Terrors Now Lyrics
Suggested uses include Easter, Lent and Funeral services.
1. Jesus lives! thy terrors now
Can, O death, no more appal us;
Jesus lives! by this we know
Thou, O grave, canst not enthral us.
2. Jesus lives! henceforth is death
But the gate of life immortal:
This shall calm our trembling breath,
When we pass its gloomy portal.
3. Jesus lives! for us he died;
Then, alone to Jesus living,
Pure in heart may we abide,
Glory to our Saviour giving.
4. Jesus lives! our hearts know well
Naught from us his love shall sever;
Life nor death nor powers of hell
Tear us from his keeping ever.
5. Jesus lives! to him the throne
Over all the world is given:
May we go where he is gone,
Rest and reign with him in heaven.
- Meter: 78 78 and Alleluia.
- German Original “Jesus lebt, mit ihm auch ich” by Christian Fürchtegott Gellert (1715 – 1769), translated by Francis Elizabeth Cox (1812 – 1897). Public Domain.