In Our Day of Thanksgiving : Recording
- Tune: Was Lebet Was Schwebet. From the Choral-Buch vor Johann Heinrich Reinhardt, Üttingen (1754).
- Meter: Irregular.
- Performance ℗ 2023 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU22300014.
- Cover Image by Leonhard Niederwimmer from Pixabay
In Our Day of Thanksgiving : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®. You have permission to download this track for personal use or use in Church services. For any other use, please Contact Us.
This website is free to use, but not to operate. If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider an occasional donation to help keep this service free. Many thanks.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list.
In Our Day of Thanksgiving : Lyrics
1. In our day of thanksgiving one psalm let us offer
For the saints who before us have found their reward;
When the shadow of death fell upon them, we sorrowed,
But now we rejoice that they rest in the Lord.
2. In the morning of life, and at noon, and at evening,
He called them away from our worship below,
But not till his love, at the font and the altar,
Had clothed them with grace for the way they should go.
3. These stones that have echoed their praises are holy,
And dear is the ground where their feet have once trod;
Yet here they confessed they were strangers and pilgrims,
And still they were seeking the city of God.
4. Sing praise, then, for all who here sought and here found him,
Whose journey is ended, whose perils are past;
They believed in the light; and its glory is round them,
Where the clouds of earth’s sorrows are lifted at last.
day of thanksgiving lyrics, lutheran hymn project in