Alternative settings of How Firm A Foundation
How Firm A Foundation Montgomery 6 Verses : Lyrics
1. How firm a foundation, you saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in his excellent Word!
What more can he say than to you he has said,
To you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?
2. “Fear not, I am with you; O be not dismayed,
For I am your God, and will still give you aid.
I’ll strengthen you, help you, and cause you to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.”
3. In ev’ry condition, in sickness, in health,
In poverty’s vale, or abounding in wealth;
At home and abroad, on land, on the sea,
As thy days may demand shall thy strength ever be.
4. “When through the deep waters I call you to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow,
For I will be with you, your troubles to bless,
And sanctify to you the deepest distress.”
5. “When through fiery trials your pathway shall lie,
My grace, all sufficient, shall be your supply.
The flames shall not hurt you. I only design
Your dross to consume, and your gold to refine.”
6. “The soul that on Jesus still leans for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes.
That soul, though all hell should endeavour to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake!”
- Lyrics attributed to George Keith (1639 -1716) and possibly Richard Keene (c. 1787) from the Magdalen Hospital Hymns (c. 1760). Public Domain.
- Meter 11 11 11 11
How Firm A Foundation Montgomery 6 Verses : Recording
- Tune Montgomery a traditional English tune by an anonymous composer from the Magdalen Hospital Hymns (c. 1760). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2021 Richard Irwin Music® ISRC UKTU21900367. All rights reserved.
How Firm A Foundation Montgomery 6 Verses : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Lectionary and Other Uses
- Lectionary Year A
- Year A Easter 7
- Year A Epiphany 7
- Year A Proper 22, Ordinary 27, Trinity 17
- Lectionary Year C
- Year B Easter 5
- Year B Proper 11, Ordinary 16, Trinity 7
- Year B Proper 25, Ordinary 30, Trinity 21, Last After Trinity
- Year B Proper 6, Ordinary 11, Trinity 2
- Year B Proper 8, Ordinary 13, Trinity 4
- Lectionary Year C
- Year C Advent 1
- Year C Epiphany 1, Baptism of The Lord
- Year C Lent 2
- Year C Holy Week Saturday
- Year C Proper 14, Ordinary 19, Trinity 8
- Year C Proper 26, Ordinary 31, Trinity 20