God Moves In A Mysterious Way : Lyrics
1. God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm.
2. Deep in unfathomable mines
Of never failing skill,
He treasures up His bright designs;
And works His sovereign will.
3. Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy, and shall break
In blessings on your head.
4. Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.
5. His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every hour;
The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flower.
6. Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain.
God Moves In A Mysterious Way Recording
- Tune: London New, by an anonymous composer found in The Scottish Psalter (1635). Arranged by John Playford (1623 -1686/7). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2018 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved.
God Moves In A Mysterious Way : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
Lectionary and Other Uses
- Years A, B, C
- Maundy Thursday
- Holy Week Easter Vigil
- Year A
- Year A Proper 15, Ordinary 20, Trinity 10
- Year A Proper 24, Ordinary Time 29, Trinity 19
- Year B
- Year B Lent 2
- Year B Proper 6, Ordinary 11, Trinity 2
- Year B Proper 21, Ordinary 26, Trinity 17
- Year C
- Year C Epiphany 7
- Year C Lent 1
- Year C Proper 9, Ordinary 14, Trinity 3
- Year C Proper 12, Ordinary 17, Trinity 6
- Year C Proper 21, Ordinary 26, Trinity 25