Forty Days And Forty Nights : Lyrics
1. Forty days and forty nights
You were fasting in the wild;
Forty days and forty nights,
Tempted, and yet undefiled.
2. Shall not we your sorrow share
And from worldly joys abstain,
Fasting with unceasing prayer,
Strong with you to suffer pain?
3. Then, if Satan on us press,
Flesh or spirit to assail,
Victor in the wilderness,
Grant we may not faint nor fail!
4. So shall we have peace divine;
Holier gladness ours shall be.
Round us, too, shall angels shine,
Such as served You faithfully.
5. Keep, O keep us, Saviour dear,
Ever constant by your side,
That with you we may appear
At th’eternal Eastertide.
Forty Days And Forty Nights : Recording
- Tune: Aus Der Tiefe (Heinlein), a traditional German melody attributed to Martin Herbst (1654 – 1681). From the Hymnal: Nürnbergisches Gesangbuch (1676). Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright © 2020 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved. ISRC: UKTU21900091.
Forty Days And Forty Nights : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.