Forty Days And Forty Nights : Lyrics
Other settings of Forty Days And Forty Nights
1. Forty days and forty nights
You were fasting in the wild;
Forty days and forty nights,
Tempted, and yet undefiled.
2. Sunbeams scorching all the day,
Chilly dew-drops nightly shed,
Prowling beasts about your way,
Rocks your pillow, earth your bed.
3. Shall not we your sorrow share
And from worldly joys abstain,
Fasting with unceasing prayer,
Strong with you to suffer pain?
4. Then, if Satan on us press,
Flesh or spirit to assail,
Victor in the wilderness,
Grant we may not faint nor fail!
5. So shall we have peace divine;
Holier gladness ours shall be.
Round us, too, shall angels shine,
Such as served You faithfully.
6. Keep, O keep us, Saviour dear,
Ever constant by your side,
That with you we may appear
At th’eternal Eastertide.
Forty Days And Forty Nights : Recording
- Tune: Aus Der Tiefe (Heinlein), a traditional German melody attributed to Martin Herbst (1654-1681). From the Hymnal: Nürnbergisches Gesangbuch (1676). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2022 Richard Irwin Music®. All rights reserved.
Forty Days And Forty Nights : Free MP3 Download
The music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights belong to Richard Irwin Music®.
If you use our free MP3 hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, add your email address to our newsletter list. Please also follow us on Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, SoundCloud, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.Click Here to Download
Please Right-Click and Save Link if needed