A man there lived in Galilee
like no one else before,
for he alone from first to last
our flesh unsullied wore;
a perfect life of perfect deeds
once to the world was shown,
that everyone might mark his steps
and in them place their own.
A man there died on Calvary,
above all others brave;
he gave to all, he saved and blessed,
himself he scorned to save;
no thought can gauge the weight of woe
on him, the sinless, laid;
we only know that with his death
our ransom price was paid.
A man there stands at God’s right hand,
divine, yet human still;
that brand, heroic, peerless soul
death sought in vain to kill.
All power is his; supreme he rules
all realms of time and space;
yet still our human cares and needs
find in his heart a place.
RecordingsThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
To keep up to date with the latest recordings, please follow us on SoundCloud and Facebook. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Click Here to Download
- Tune: Tyrol
- Verses: 3
- Meter: DCM
- Style: Traditional Tyrolean
- Church Year: Advent, Trinity, Candlemas
- Composer: Unknown – Traditional Tyrolean melody arranger: Richard Mark Stephen Irwin (b. 1955)
- Lyricist: Somerset Corry Lowry (1855 – 1932)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2012 Richard M S Irwin Certain rights reserved.