1. Ye holy angels bright,
Who stand at God’s right hand,
Or through the realms of light
Fly at you Lord’s command,
Assist our song, or else the theme
Too high doth seem for mortal tongue.
2. Ye blessèd souls at rest,
Who ran this heavenly race,
An now, from sin released,
Behold the Saviour’s face,
God’s praises sound, as in His sight
With sweet delight you do abound.
3. Ye saints, who toil below,
Adore your heavenly King,
And onward as ye go
Some joyful anthem sing;
Take what He gives and praise Him still,
Through good or ill, Who ever lives!
4. My soul, bear thou thy part,
Triumph in God above,
And with a well-tuned heart
Sing thou the songs of love;
Let all my days till life shall end,
Whate’er he send be filled with praise.
To simplify issues with Copyright, we have had to start using various on-line delivery services for some hymns. A recording of this hymn is available on Richard Irwin's album - "From Advent to Epiphany Volume 3" on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Spotify. Please Contact Us if you do not have access to these services.
Click Here to Download
- Album: From Advent to Epiphany Volume 3
- Tune: Darwall’s 149th
- Meter: 66 66 44 44
- Style: Victorian Carol
- Composer: John Darwall (1731 – 1789)
- Harmonised by : William Henry Monk (1823 – 1889)
- Lyricists: Richard Baxter (1615 – 1691) and John Hampden Gurney (1802 – 1862)
- Church Year: General, All Saints, Christmas, Weddings
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2013 Richard M S Irwin. All rights reserved.