1. Jesus calls us o’er the tumult
of our life’s wild restless sea;
day by day his voice still calls us
saying, ‘Christian, follow me.’
2. As of old Saint Andrew heard it
by the Galilean lake,
turned from home and work and kindred,
leaving all for Jesus’ sake.
3. Jesus calls us from the worship
of the vain world’s golden store,
from each idol that would keep us,
saying, ‘Christian, love me more.’
4. In our joys and in our sorrows,
days of toil and hours of ease,
Jesus calls, in cares and pleasures,
‘Christian, love me more than these.’
5. Jesus calls us: by your mercies,
Saviour, may we hear your call,
give our hearts in glad obedience,
serve and love you best of all.
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us. If you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
Click Here to Download
- Tune: Saint Andrew
- Verses: 5
- Meter: 87 87
- Usage: General, Saint Andrews Day
- Composer: Edward Henry Thorne (1834 – 1916)
- Lyricist: Cecil Frances Alexander (1818 – 1895)
- Music and Lyrics Copyright Public Domain.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2018 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.