The God Of Love My Shepherd Is ~ Lyrics
1. The God of love my shepherd is,
And he that doth me feed;
While he is mine and I am his,
What can I want or need?
2. He leads me to the tender grass,
Where I both feed and rest;
Then to the streams that gently pass:
In both I have the best.
3. Or if I stray, he doth convert,
And bring my mind in frame,
And all this not for my desert,
But for his holy name.
4. Yea, in death’s shady black abode
Well may I walk, not fear;
For thou art with me, and thy rod
To guide, thy staff to bear.
5. Surely thy sweet and wondrous love
Shall measure all my days;
And, as it never shall remove,
So neither shall my praise.
University ~ Recording
- Tune: University composed by Charles Collingnon (1725 – 1885). Public Domain.
- Performance ℗ 2020 Richard M.S. Irwin. All rights reserved. ISRC UKTU21900229.
DonationIf you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free.
Click Here to Download
Available from MobileHymns.org
To listen using streaming services such as SoundCloud, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, Amazon, Deezer etc. Click Here.