Repeat last two lines each verse
Awake my soul, an offʼring bring,
To Jesus our exalted King;
Sing to Him Who reigns above,
Incarnate fount of grace and love.
In awe we stand upon this ground,
His wisdom and His powʼr astound;
All His glories we behold,
In heavʼn and earth His storyʼs told.
Then to this world, Heʼs shown His grace,
He came to rescue Adamʼs race;
Our Redeemer, our High Priest,
From sin and death to bring release.
Awake my soul, arise and sing,
Eternal praise to Christ our King;
In His Church, His name confessed,
We worship Him among the blessed.
RecordingThe music used in this recording belongs in the Public Domain, but the Performance rights ℗ belong to Richard M S Irwin. You may click the Download Button to obtain the MP3 recording for use in Worship or for personal use only. You may also use streaming and online services, if they are listed in the section below, to obtain a download of the recording. For other uses of the recording, please Contact Us.
DonationIf you use our hymns, please consider a donation to help keep this service free. Click Here to Download
- Tune: I have House and Land in Kent
- Meter: 88 78 78
- Style: Early Stuart
- Composer: Thomas Ravenscroft (c. 1582 – 1635) arranger: Richard M S Irwin (b. 1955)
- Lyricist: Brian L. Penney
- Usage: All Souls, Epiphany Church Year: General
- Music Copyright Public Domain
- Lyrics Copyright Brian L. Penney, used with permission.
- Performance Copyright ℗ 2016 Richard M S Irwin. Certain rights reserved.You can download the free MP3